[Talk-GB] Quarterly Project: Waste and Recycling

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue Oct 5 13:20:40 UTC 2021

On 05/10/2021 13:36, Philip Barnes wrote:
> These type of recycling facilities were removed a while back. I would imagine this has much to do with recycling collections being done as part of the household collections. Why would I transport stuff to the bottle bank when its collected from home every fortnight?

Here they have taken about a decade to die, and what has disappeared is
actually the things that aren't covered by the (free) household
collections.  I think some rethinking, by the supermarkets, my have been
triggered.

Apart from the outright fly tipping that is happening there, it is the
waste paper stream that is most obviously overflowing at the local
supermarket, and much of the overflow is brown cardboard, so I think
that there is an increase in demand for that stream, because of online
shopping.