[Talk-gh] Mapping Larabanga

Danziger, Robert C. Robert.Danziger at EUI.eu
Fri Apr 13 10:05:13 UTC 2018

Hello to you all. My name is Robert and I live in Germany.
After over 10 years of working together with community leaders in Larabanga to promote educational opportunities and infrastructure (liei-ghana.org) , I am now involved in a developmental project there.
Central to this new project is the mapping of the town.
Since about Jan. 2017, I have mapped many hundreds of objects with the help of my local contacts, using information from Field Paper exchanges. As you may know, the satellite images available for the area are old.
---------
=> I therefore kindly ask you: PLEASE -- DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING (buildings, ways, tags) you may now find in OSM for Larabanga and the surrounding areas until at least the end of August, 2018, when I plan to be there personally to work with those active in the project.
= > Since we are working asynchronously with the Field Papers, if any changes are made we cannot know and this will cause great confusion (as you can imagine).
---------
Thank you all for your support and I do hope to have the chance to perhaps meet some of you when I am in Ghana in August. It would be my pleasure.
Special thanks to Enock4seth for setting up contact with you.
With my best regards to you all,
Robert
PS: you can also contact me through OSM: my username is 'RCD49'

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.