[Talk-gr] Motorway Road numbers changed

Amaroussi (OpenStreetMap) mapper at minoa.li
Wed Dec 30 17:03:01 UTC 2015

Hi all,

As if there is not enough hassle with the road numbering system, the Greek government has gone and changed the road numbers for motorways, with the decision ΦΕΚ Α.Α.Π. 253/2015.

You can find the government document at https://diavgeia.gov.gr/doc/%CE%A9%CE%A16%CE%934653%CE%9F%CE%9E-%CE%96%CE%92%CE%91
You can find the government decision at http://www.et.gr/idocs-nph/search/pdfViewerForm.html?args=5C7QrtC22wE4q6ggiv8WTXdtvSoClrL8r8vpvR2eNoN5MXD0LzQTLWPU9yLzB8V6dxiWmYHFUbmCiBSQOpYnTy36MacmUFCx2ppFvBej56Mmc8Qdb8ZfRJqZnsIAdk8Lv_e6czmhEembNmZCMxLMtSAfjEguxW-UI7htoNYytDLJC_UUKRAqUkKOu0dqe77f (sorry for the long links: National Press, please shorten those links to something more sensible!)

I say we wait until there is decent implementation in real life, before we commit the changes.

The reason for this is because of that similar to what ea1969 said at SkyscraperCity: "I doubt that Attiki Odos who are "hit" by the A62/A64/A642 think will change anything any time soon. They did not change their (A)64 shields to A61 as designated back in 2008... (nevertheless, they have to change all their shields as they do not contain the A-prefix as they should do on the A1 too).” (source: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=129645506&postcount=2339)

Best wishes,

Antje

https://openstreetmap.org/user/Amaroussi

The signature.asc file is a Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) encryption signature: if you use PGP, the PGP public key for this sender is available by request.