[Talk-hr] Names of towns in Istria

Bernhard R. Fischer bf at abenteuerland.at
Uto Lip 19 06:53:37 BST 2012

On Monday 18 June 2012 14:02:23 Janko Mihelić wrote:
> I'm not sure if you are right. Those towns have two official languages,
> Croatian and Italian. Towns around Trieste also have two languages, and are
> named like that (I thought Trieste was also named like this). Those parts
> of Croatia, Slovenia and Italy have a complicated history and I think we
> have to have more discussion about this to get to the best solution.
>
> Janko

Yes, I am well aware of these language issues in Istria. We have bi-lingual
towns in Austria as well and they are tagged in the same way but nevertheless
I think that this is why there are tags like "name:hr=*", "name:it=*", and so
and.

IMO the renderer should be responsible for generating the combined strings and
not the map editor.

Bernhard

Više informacija o Talk-hr mailing listi