[Talk-ht] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: [CrisisMappers] Haiti Health Facilities Master List]]

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Tue Feb 2 12:08:36 GMT 2010

Hi All,

I do not recommend importing that list directly.  There are lots and lots of
duplicates.  Matching up the IDs will be interesting to say the least with
all the of the duplicates.  One of my colleagues started making a cleaned up
list yesterday, but needs to continue to work on it today.  I can provide it
as an OSM file when complete.  The names of many of the hospitals are in
various languages as well as have different spellings and sources, which is
a major cause for the duplicates.

When I looked at the available sources last week the positioning of hospital
locations in OSM was superior to some of the other sources out there.

I'll send an update in a couple hours.

-Kate Chapman