[Talk-ht] So far only 14 GPX tracks for Haiti available?

Frieder Ferlemann frieder.ferlemann at web.de
Mon Jul 5 22:44:56 BST 2010

Hi Joahn

Am 05.07.2010 22:55, schrieb John:
> Garmin has a website that simplifies the uploading of tracks from GPS'
>
> http://connect.garmin.com/

I don't see how this would help with respect to uploading bandwidth.
The site seems to expect gpx files only.

You might be aware that Openstreetmap accepts gpx files
directly or compressed with gzip?

Gzip typically offers compression rates of above 1:10 for gpx files.

 From the Garmin site (http://connect.garmin.com/terms)
"Garmin may modify these Terms of Use at any time by updating this posting."
this is most likely not what you want for volunteers or
data collected by publicly funded organizations.

(So to my view the Garmin site is both technically and socially 2nd choice only)

Greetings,
Frieder