[Talk-ht] Projet d'amélioration de points de contrôle au sol sur Haïti

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Jeu 21 Juin 17:43:28 BST 2012

I'm not sure I understood all the key points of the messages. .. Hopefully
some.

So, the project would bring 100% coverage of 2.5 resolution SPOT imagery
for Haiti, right?

And that would be available for OSM usage under the linked license? And
could then be used if for nothing else but aligning Bing (or other) imagery
-- if this imagery can be aligned well enough...

This should good to me as even with the newest addition to Bing coverage we
are missing some areas there -- and there are clear problems with the
aligning of the Bing imagery.

Now, for the "alingment points". It would be good to get a .xml (/.osm) or
.kml file of the chosen points. I guess shapefile is the format that they
are in currently? (I still don't use "proper" GIS systems). Or is there
e.g. a shared spreadsheet with the given points and their coordinates (with
possibly a note on who's checking what and based on what)?

So, pls let me know how I can help -- or put me in contact with the
person/people doing this excersice.

Cheers,
-Jaakko