[OSM-talk-ie] Editing Townlands

moltonel 3x Combo moltonel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 14:33:15 UTC 2015

On 01/04/2015, Rachel Murphy <rachel.harwood.murphy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've uploaded a townland but realise that I need to make a minor change to
> it.  What is the best way to go about editing a boundary it once it's been
> been uploaded?

Just download, edit, and upload again using your osm editor. Don't
delete+recreate the boundary if you can  help it, as it'd make
following the data history harder.

When you added the townland, chances are there was already data there
(roads, buildings, landuse...). The townland boundaries are no
different: it's data that's already there and your next edit will
improve it.