[OSM-talk-ie] Query on tracing townlands and dealing with changed lake levels and new boundaries

moltonel 3x Combo moltonel at gmail.com
Fri May 15 20:45:26 UTC 2015

On 15/05/2015, Donal Diamond <donal.diamond at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's an earlier thread on topic here where conflicting advice was given
> ;-)
>
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ie/2014-October/000741.html
>
> So looks like it is worthwhile opening up the discussion where we can all
> agree on a common approach.

I don't see many conflicts of opinion in that thread :
* Brian was following the GSGS boundary but started the thread for enquiry
* Conor suggested following the new shoreline instead
* Dacor agreed to follow the new shoreline, based on IRC discussion
* No reply from brian, I assume he followed Conor and Dacor's answers

As for myself, before reviewing that old thread, the same "follow the
new shoreline" principle was the one that appealed me most (don't like
the idea of land that doesn't belong to a townland)..