[OSM-talk-ie] Local chapter application by OpenStreetMap United Kingdom

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 20:43:16 UTC 2017

Hi Dave,

We have indeed said that we wouldn't object to NI being in an all-island
local chapter as well. Users can then pick to be part of OSM UK or OSM IE
or both.

I think we need OSMF to agree to this but hopefully they recognise the
importance here. The split can be very odd in many places. Colm raised the
newly formed all island single energy market yet you have the Energy
Networks Association (the voice of the networks which has a big voice in
Westminster and Brussels, and i guess also in Irish government) which
covers both UK and Ireland. The industry players are all over the place
now: ESB has ESBI which operates globally, Bord Gáis is owned by Centrica,
etc etc. Other industries have similar things.

So how would you like to proceed? Perhaps we can agree some text to put
into our agreement with the OSMF?

Happy to help you set up an Ireland legal entity too. We will of course
always notify you if we intend to write to any NI entities (we previously
discussed the option of sending a joint letter in these instances).

Rob

P.s. I work in the energy industry. Give me a shout if you need anything. I
assume you already know about GNIs network development plan and Eirgrids
Dev plan and gen capacity statement?