[OSM-talk-ie] MapLesotho group are away!

Dave Corley davecorley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 10:31:23 UTC 2017

Cheers Rory :)

To give a bit of background this is the 4th year (my third) that trainers
have headed to Lesotho.

For the first few years everything was focused on mapping like crazy to
generate data. I think we're just short of 20 million map edits at this
point.

Now the training is splitting slightly. There is still a lot of focus on
mapping, QA, Mapillary etc but this year, several senior planners from
Fingal County Council will be out for a week giving training on settlement
planning to plan future developments, devise controls for the protection of
vital resources (water, farmland etc) all with a view to meeting UN targets
on sustainability both in terms of development and skills /knowledge.

That's it in a nutshell.

For those more curious, check out MapLesotho.com

Dave