[OSM-talk-ie] New Local Electoral Areas 2018

Cormac O Murchú com at iol.com
Sun Feb 17 18:02:26 UTC 2019

New Local Electoral Areas 2018

Actually I have already  _finished_ Connacht and Ulster, I started this over
a week back. Also done Kerry and Longford and SW Cork.

Data here (rural counties)

http://www.boundarycommittee.ie/reports/Local%20Electoral%20Area%20Boundary%
20Committee%20No.1%20Report%20-%202018.pdf

Cities

http://www.boundarycommittee.ie/reports/LEA%20BC%20No.%202%20Report%20-%20FI
NAL%20WEBSITE%20MASTER%20COPY.pdf

I left the old ones there MD and LEA , they have a name ending (2014-2019)

Tag added existed=2014-2019 if MD or LEA is deprecated, a lot of new LEAs
and also MD name changes there too.

New MD or LEA existed=2019-

Continuing MD or LEA existed=2014-

place=region tag added to every MD (admin_level=8) as there are far too many
Tuam  ‘s in Nominatim.

Cannot do Cork City as we will need a proper boundary and townlands and EDs
are to be split properly so that an admin_level 10 nests inside a 9 8 and 7
properly. Just look at Ovens in the south west. A sliver of Ovens ED and 3
Townlands transfer to the city.

https://www.corkcity.ie/en/media-folder/public-info/cork-city-boundary-map.p
df

We need a non generalised boundary to do this properly.

Where a country ED is split the new one ( in the City) will also require an
LAU2 code from the CSO.

HTH