[OSM-talk-ie] How to tag gates to public parks that are only open during daylight hours

Dave Corley davecorley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 00:13:51 UTC 2020

Hi Neil,

I'm not sure about the moderator approval but it's possible that was
because you hadn't registered for the mailing list maybe.

As for your tagging question, the gate is tagged as barrier=gate as per the
page below

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:barrier%3Dgate

With the restriction tagged using the access key per the below page,
specifically the access time section.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access

Alternatively you could map the gate and then simply add opening hours to
the park itself, might be a simpler solution and one that is a lot easier
to understand from an end user perspective

Hope that helps

Dave