[OSM-talk-ie] building:levels=*

Heikki Vesanto heikki.vesanto at openstreetmap.ie
Tue Oct 27 20:16:18 UTC 2020

Definitely interesting stats.

I would interprate -2 for example as a hole (which also functions as a
building) that is 2 levels deep. But levels probably isn't the tag to store
that info. 0 makes sense for buildings that are underground.

A .5 makes seems logical to me. Some offices will have a mezzanine and
depending on the height and layout could be considered a half floor. Some
buildings also have stories in between stories. So a full two story house
in the front, with a story at the back which is vertically between the two.

But I don't think the other decimals make much sense, to me it would seem
like a mistake.

-Heikki