[Talk-in] Want to know more about Open Source GIS programming tools

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 16:13:12 GMT 2008

Hi Shabeer

If you want to build mapping applications on the web, I suggest you look into OpenLayers. (JOSM is strictly a desktop application for editing OpenStreetMap data)

http://openlayers.org/

And there are some examples of how to use OpenLayers on top of OpenStreetMap in the wiki.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/OpenLayers_Simple_Example

Hope that helps.

Mikel