[Talk-in] Time for consensus

प्रवीण नळे praveen.nale at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 09:57:46 GMT 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Subhodip Biswas
<subhodipbiswas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Its easy to understand and tag ,

But this would break rendering - I use roadmap on my mobile with osm
as data source. It renders only important roads at low zoom levels
which is good as I don't have to look through screen full of
information at higher zoom levels while driving (flite isn't yet
ported for voice announcements). If one road has multiple tags, it (or
any other navigation program) would render it as broken road on lower
zoom levels.

Also not sure how it would affect route planning systems - but I guess
not much of concern as it would be done mostly on high end processors
unlike rendering which needs to be done on small form factor (hence
low end processor) devices.

-Praveen.