[Talk-in] Time for consensus

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Mon Nov 3 12:52:11 GMT 2008

On Monday 03 November 2008 03:27:46 pm प्रवीण नळे wrote:
> Also not sure how it would affect route planning systems - but I guess
> not much of concern as it would be done mostly on high end processors
> unlike rendering which needs to be done on small form factor (hence
> low end processor) devices.

my only concern is that 'national highway' tag is meaningless - it just means
that the road is maintained by the NHAI. Which means that any two-bit
politician with influence can get his road made into a national highway. This
has happened in Nilgiris district where a road between district headquarters
and taluk headquarters is now a national highway. Whereas a four-lane divided
highway bewteen Bangalore and Mysore is a state highway. We need to classify
metros/cities and towns in a degree of importance and classify the roads
linking them accordingly. Possibly the best way to classify would be to take
the central government rating for purposes of DA. This will give an accurate
representation of the status of towns and the status of roads linking them.

I know that I am in a minority of one in this matter - I dont mind, I am used
to it ;-)

Associate