[Talk-in] Shop icon and names

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Wed Dec 2 08:17:36 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 02 Dec 2009 1:45:00 pm H.S.Rai wrote:
> > http://xlquest.net/?zoom=20&lat=11.41141&lon=76.70297&layers=
>
> Creative, innovative, representing road side tea shop.
>
> I observed you dropped bar from "Blue Hill Bar", which will be
> effective by tomorrow.
>
> Good going.

I have experimented with some changes - dy is now 8 and will be 10 shortly,
font size made 8 and word wrap changed to 5. Thus small names will wrap and be
seen under the symbol. It would be good to abbreviate names - the user can see
the full name when he arrives on the spot. So instead of 'Hotel shri Madurai
Muniyandi vilas', 'Muniyandi' is better - anyone will know that it represents
a particular kind of cuisine. (if they do not know what it is, they will not
go there).
Senior Project Officer