[Talk-in] foss.in/09 mapping party

Arindam Ghosh makghosh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 03:28:22 GMT 2009

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Arindam Ghosh <makghosh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We are planning to have a mapping party around the NIMHANS campus
>> during the post-lunch session, starting from 3pm for 1-1.5 hrs.
>> Anybody interested about mapping, about knowing how OpenStreetMap
>> works and how do we create maps so to say should join us. We are
>> having extra GPS devices that we can share.
>>
>> We'll be there at the Workout area in the first floor of the NIMHANS
>> Convention Center.
>
> I am assuming that you already have a group of people interested in
> participating. For the first-timers, it would be nice to point them to
> a print-out of what is a good thing to "map" (the general perception
> is that points of interest are usually shiny/big things).

Thanks for the idea! We printed some handouts for that (having the details)

@all, So, we are continuing the mapping party today from 3 to 5pm (1
hr mapping and  1 hr editing session).

Anybody interested should join us. We'll be there at the Workout area
in the first floor of the NIMHANS Convention Center. Its' like we'll
be there throughout. Anyone can also join us in-between :)

--cheers
Arindam

T: http://twitter.com/makghosh
M: +91-9933341212