[Talk-in] Naming in Hindi / Punjabi

ヴィカス ヤダヴァ (vikas yadav) mevikas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 03:30:29 GMT 2009

this is rendering in exclusive (whevever available)
http://cassini.toolserver.org/tile-browse/browse-hi.html

I'd go with (brackets) for better reading two different things - primary
language of the state (english). ive used this same pattern for most of UP
and few others. (the pattern somehow also shows the world how diversified
just this one country is :p )

ill soon experiment with name:hi on city level POIs and see how
browse-hi.html renders.

but till now, mapnik is still not rendering very neat indic. in hindi, the
matras go all wrong and funny. i don't know about other languages.
tiles at home renders the best fonts.
what about this?