[Talk-in] Naming in Hindi / Punjabi

H.S.Rai hardeep.rai at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 04:00:07 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 8:36 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:

> I am for name in english and name in regional language without brackets like:
> chennai சென்னை

What I suggest, for English version, go to openstreetmap.org , for
Hindi openstreetmap.org.in and for regional languages,
openstreetmap.org.in/local , with each state rendered in its regional
language, or URL for different languages like:

Punjabi: openstreetmap.org.in/pb

and like that openstreetmap.org.in/kn and so on.

Two languages simultaneously does not fit into logic, as in future
search for regional languages will create problem with scheme as
suggested by Kenneth.

--
H.S.Rai