[Talk-in] Border state | districts

michael lohr micha.lohr at web.de
Wed Dec 16 11:07:34 GMT 2009

yes, this method takes care of multiple boundary lines. this method
always gets us one way belonging to several relations.

i'm not sure if we can fix the already imported boundaries with some
kind of script automatically. as i said, i corrected himachal yesterday
(by hand), all the way down to district level, took me around 3h.

the process is quite easy and quick (supposing you know your way around
josm):
* split the existing border ways (the data is good, as far as i can see)
in the appropriate places
* remove duplicate lines
* tag the remaining border ways correctly
* build the relationes and add the appropriate border ways

btw, the shimla district looks odd to me, the data on osm suggests that
shimla town is actually an "island" in solan district. is that correct?
can anyone with more local knowledge than me check? and fix, if needed?

regards, m.