[Talk-in] server for india

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Mon Mar 9 01:16:58 GMT 2009

On Sunday 08 March 2009 23:40:54 Raja Subramanian wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
> > looks like you have to keep hitting the server to get your stuff. Please
> > keep hammering it and it will (I hope) respond. As for Indian fonts, I am
> > working on getting good stuff into dejavu
>
> Let me know if you want any help in getting things going.
>
> Btw, how frequently are you updating the maps?  I uploaded
> some data to OSM a couple of weeks ago, but it's not reflecting
> in your server.

for the experiment, I copied cloudmade's asiam osm thing which would be about
2 weeks old. Apparently what I need to do is on fixed intervals download the
latest from the osm database, do a diff with the previous version and update
the db using the diff. Then I can decide on the time interval - one day should
be fine to start with. (of course I have to find out how to do this diff
thingie).
Associate