[Talk-in] GPS for sale

Arun Ganesh arun.planemad at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 18:22:48 BST 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Ajay Shah <ajayshah at mayin.org> wrote:

> > I have put the Holux through some heavy duty use in Himachal and Kashmir
> > recently and never had any problems apart from eating batteries. I did
> not
> > have a high capacity rechargeable battery at hand, so had to buy
> alkalines
> > throughout. A duracell lasts for about 6-8 hours, and i roughly used 3
> cells
> > every 2 days. Havent tried it with rechargeables yet.
>
> May I just doublecheck: Is the Holux fire and forget in that I switch
> it on and toss it in my backpack and forget about it? Or do I have to
> mess with it to verify that it's got the signal?

What i do is toss it in my backpack and connect to via blue tooth using
gpsmid on my phone. I have almost always got a fix with it sitting in my
backpack and had no reason to take it out, except for switching it off while
going indoors to save battery. So it is pretty much fire and forget.

--
http://j.mp/ArunGanesh