[Talk-in] GSoC: Indian student for OSM project

H.S.Rai hardeep.rai at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 09:07:35 BST 2011

In the forwarded message below, third project belong to Indian student
from Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana (Pb).

--
H.S.Rai

Hi all!
Google just announced [0] the students participating in the 2011
Summer of Code program. Three student proposals were accepted this
year from a group of 17 applications. I'm excited to have the

Improvements to the Open Source Routing Machine -- Dennis Luxen and
Bharath Vissapragada will look at improving one of routing engines
that uses OSM data

khtml.maplib -- Ewald Wieser will work with Bernhard Zwischenbrugger
to add features to the khtml mapping library

Fast Track Deployment of Customised OSM Tile Server -- Parveen Arora
and Graham Jones will work on creating a method of quickly deploying a
tile server

Keep an eye out for updates on these projects over the next few
months. I look forward to having these students show off their
results.
Thanks,
Ian
[0] http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2011/04/students-announced-for-2011-google.html