[Talk-in] Kerala Tourism GIS

Arun Ganesh arun.planemad at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 13:26:37 BST 2011

Found the .shx files here:
http://www.keralatourism.org/map/giskerala/Web_gis/

The data seems to be offset by around 200m from osm data throughout on all
layers, even sections that are derived from multiple gps traces. So its safe
to assume that the shapefiles need to be corrected and not osm.

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Emilie Laffray <emilie.laffray at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello
>
> based on the licence it should be fine to use if the data is properly
> sourced and the copyrights added to the Openstreetmap copyright page with a
> link.
> http://www.keralatourism.org/map/giskerala/LICENSE.txt
>
> However, I would advise to contact them to confirm it.

It looks like that license is for the map applet code and not the data
itself.

> Emilie Laffray
>

> On 18 July 2011 12:45, Shajeer M <shajeer at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A good collection of SHP files are available here in ZIP files.
>> http://www.keralatourism.org/map/giskerala/
>>
>> Has anyone interacted with this department before? Couldn't find any
>> contact
>> details.

j.mp/ArunGanesh