[Talk-in] Kerala Tourism GIS

Arun Ganesh arun.planemad at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 13:10:00 BST 2011

I cant seem to open the shapefiles. QGIS displays an error that the files
are not in a recognized format. Are the .shx files missing?

I browsed the data through the webapp
http://www.keralatourism.org/map/giskerala/Kerala.htm
The road/railway line features are not very accurate. The point database of
places, tourist spots are quite good. Even the waterbody and admin division
layers are useful enough to import. Any idea how to fix the shapefiles?

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Shajeer M <shajeer at hotmail.com> wrote:

> A good collection of SHP files are available here in ZIP files.
> http://www.keralatourism.org/map/giskerala/
>
> Has anyone interacted with this department before? Couldn't find any
> contact
> details.

j.mp/ArunGanesh