[Talk-in] [OT] Cartonama Conference.

Sajjad Anwar sajjadkm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 10:59:41 BST 2012

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to sound you guys about the upcoming location data and apps
conference called Cartonama. The conference is happening in Bangalore on
September 22nd. We are targeting to do four workshops, selected from
workshop proposals on the funnel, from 23rd to 25th September.

The conference will gather active groups of geospatial developers and
location service entrepreneurs to have focused talks on data, web-based
mapping technologies, location-based applications and the overarching
aspects of community and mobility.

Addressing all the crucial topics, the conference is spread between three
main tracks - Appications, Data and Technology. More information about the
tracks are available on the funnel. http://funnel.hasgeek.com/cartonama/.

We are inviting representatives from OSM, Bing, Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps,
and erstwhile cartography organisations in India and abroad to share talk
proposals on how their approaches, philosophies, business models and
technologies have evolved over time. The event will also feature talks and
demos from startups and mid-sized companies which have developed location
based services. This will help us to understand how people are working with
spatial data, what technologies they are developing to manage spatial data
and/or the solutions and applications they are building with location data.

Steve Coast and Schuyler Erle are likely to join us. I'm super excited!

The Funnel is open and accepting proposals for speaking as well as workshop
sessions. We request you to head there and mark your presence. Thanks.
The Early Geek ticket sales is on and you can purchase it from
http://cartonama.doattend.com/

Hope to see at least some of you at the event!

Cheers,
Sajjad.