[Talk-in] Generic questions about mapping bus/train route

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 17:13:55 BST 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 7:28 PM, satyaakam goswami <satyaakam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just curious what is the phone make and model , and how are you doing
> with the battery when you tun on the GPS ? i have a Samsung GT-S5830 ,
> with Android 2.3.4 version , i plug in the car charger when driving .

My phone model is Samsung GT-S5360 (popularly known as Galaxy Y) with
Android 2.3.6.
I usually get around 4 hours of battery with continuous GPS usage and
map being displayed in OsmAnd. I haven't yet tried the background
service option in OsmAnd which can be used for creating track (no map
display).
OsmAnd also has offline maps as well as POI editing so there is no
need to keep the GPRS/3G connection on while creating POI or
displaying maps.

Cheers,
Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.