[Talk-in] Indic rendering

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 05:26:40 GMT 2012

Vardhan

Different issue from CJK characters.

"I believe the underlying issue here is that Mapnik is rendering the string one character at a time in order to make the characters follow along the path. These Indic languages use ligatures where the rendering depends on multi-character sequences and can not be correctly rendered one character at a time,"

https://github.com/mapnik/mapnik/issues/112#issuecomment-2365351

Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron