[Talk-in] Rilapp Data for OSM

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Sat May 19 13:24:31 BST 2012

Hi Everyone

I was put in touch with Himanshu of Rilapp Technologies of New Dehli, through the OSM Foundation.
They deal with GPS vehicle tracking systems, and used collected data to created street maps in the following cities:

Agra, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jaunpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Pune, Surat, Thiruvanantpuram, Vadodara, Varanasi

They have actually already downloaded and edited OSM data in JOSM, supplemented by the data from vehicle tracking, and GPS survey using Garmin handhelds and GPS mobile phones; as well as Yahoo satellite imagery. All was prepared in 2009-10.

They've made available all the OSM data in DropBox.
 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76410100/All_India_Himanshu_OSM.rar

Anyone interested in looking at this further? Quite a lot of data, but I'm not sure how easy to integrate OSM data created from 3 years ago. Also, I'm not clear why this wasn't directly uploaded to OSM back then.

-Mikel

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron