[Talk-in] Rate Roads

Chaitanya waichal chaitanyawaichal at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 06:22:28 GMT 2012

Well Onkar Thank you so much for this input i really had no idea about it
 :) or may be i had but i wanted something different.
If you see the parameters you can rate the road for in pathajalp.com;they
are  six viz.Quality,Safety,Cleanliness,Expected Traffic density,Driving
Pleasure,Aesthetics.So, the main aim is to allow "General Public" to "Rate
the road" based on what they "Feel" about that particular road and use this
info to help others.
What you have suggested is actually much more brilliant and can definitely
be done and it becomes part of the "Quality factor" of the road.But as i ve
already said i wanted to create something thats more "By the people for the
people" and a little simple for users. In case of using the osm tags it
would be much easier but trust me there is not enough general "Road data"
as its still in a 'nascent' stage (atleast in this part of maharashtra),and
so it should be even more difficult to find the "Tagged data", i suppose :)
Dear Ishan , thank you for checking out the site :) and if this kinda data
if it will be useful for OSM data i would surely like to give it back to
OSM ,I will look into how is it "Technically " Possible.And i  had actually
wanted those ratings to be visible at lower zoom levels but you see it
didnt look pretty nice.. :( plus on some browsers it showedsome problems
but yes i am looking into what can be done.
By the way you can also use it on android and IOs phones. the link is
m.pathajalp.com.
Thank you folks.. and i am looking for more input from you people as i ve
no previous experiance of developing a web application.
Chaitanya