[Talk-in] Police investigating Google's mapathon

Pradeep Mohandas pradeep.mohandas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 16:59:15 UTC 2013

The similarity exists in that OpenStreetMap also has people, ordinary
people, collecting this data and uploading it on OpenStreetMap. The modus
operandi is similar.

Also, the Delhi Police is acting on a complaint lodged by the Survey of
India that exerts its right as the sole map maker in India. Isn't that in
conflict with what we're doing on OSM too?

I learnt and contributed to Google Maps before I did to OSM. It was on
Google Maps that I learnt about OSM. I feel kinda sad with this community
taking this approach. Mappers must be able to contribute to any platform
that they wish to. I think this case sorta threatens that freedom.

Anyway, that's just me.

warm regards,
Pradeep