[Talk-in] HMP on India Floods in Uttarakhand

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Tue Jul 9 19:19:39 UTC 2013

There are still discussions with various NGO's about moving to activation, but no decision has been taken at this point.

From official reports of casualties, we have identified three valleys where important lanslides andd casualties are reported. For these valleys, we invite the HOT and India contributors to map in detail, the roads, waterways and buildings. When no place tags identify a village, you simply add a place=village or hamlet tag. For village we do not know the name, we do not add a name tag.

Below, we identify when possible the valleys by the road no., which should help to locate them.

When you upload to the OSM database, you are asked to add a comment. To facilitate the follow-up of mapping, indicate :
India, Uttarakhand, #hotosm, source=Bing

NH58, Chamoli
from Karnaprayag http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=30.26267&lon=79.21267&zoom=16
to the north of the road http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=30.9641&lon=79.4096&zoom=14

Tertiary Road, No ID provided.

From Dewal http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=30.0506&lon=79.5756&zoom=14

to Simli http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=30.2254&lon=79.2582&zoom=14

NH108, Uttarkashi District

from Gangani http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=30.89889&lon=78.6734&zoom=15
to Gangotri http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=30.99506&lon=78.93829&zoom=16
Road for Gangotri to Boshwasa http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=30.9485&lon=79.0473&zoom=14

South of Gangani,  Bing Imagery is not available presently.

NH109, Rudraprayag Districtfrom  Rudraprayag http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=30.2841&lon=78.9774&zoom=14

to Gaurikund http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=30.653&lon=79.0245&zoom=14

Trail where important landslides and death

from Gaurikund http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=30.653&lon=79.0245&zoom=14

to Kedarnath http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=30.7289&lon=79.0784&zoom=12&layers=M

Thanks for your contribution.

Pierre