[Talk-in] Usage of www.surveykshan.gov.in

Jaisen Nedumpala jaisuvyas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 13:51:53 UTC 2013

I have similar problem Yogi reported. And the Firefox IE Tabs or IE Tabs
version 2 are not available for my platform (I use Debian Wheezy). IMHO, if
they are making something with public money, they should consider cross
platform support, seriously. :(

2013/10/1 Aditya Nag <aditya.nag.2007 at gmail.com>

> Well I managed to run it inside Firefox using the "IE Tabs version 2"
> plugin. Remember to add "www.surveykshan.gov.in" to the filter settings.
> Otherwise one has to manually switch the browser engine each time the page
> is refreshed. The site remains down for most of the time. The Utilities and
> Habitation layers seem the most useful to me though. But can anyone confirm
> whether we can use that data in OpenStreetMap?
>

> On 30 September 2013 19:45, Aditya Nag <aditya.nag.2007 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, and it loads pretty slowly in Internet Explorer 8. But I think its
>> okay, given the massive dataset it has to load on every change in zoom
>> level or when panning.
>>
>> The "habitation" dataset is nice. One has to zoom to a very high level to
>> see the village names clearly though.
>>

>> On 30 September 2013 19:39, Yogi <yogesh at kalike.org> wrote:
>>
>>>  On Monday 30 September 2013 07:25 PM, Aditya Nag wrote:
>>>
>>>  Guys,
>>>
>>>  I've just now stumbled upon a site from Survey Of India here<http://www.surveykshan.gov.in>
>>> .
>>>

>>> And it asks only Internet Explorer 6 and above.:(
>>> Maps are not shown in firefox/chromium.!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
- നെടുമ്പാല ജയ്സെന്‍ -
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
      ( `v´ )