[Talk-in] SoI / DST complain against Google.

Ravi Kumar ravivundavalli48 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 19 10:00:38 UTC 2014

This is a tricky issue, as OSM is used on both sides of a boarder and so, cannot be easily settled.
http://www.un.org/Depts/Cartographic/map/profile/Souteast-Asia.pdf
see this and this also shows various types of lines at our boarder.
They display this apology too
"The boundaries and names shown and the designations used
on this map do not imply official endorsement or acceptance
by the United Nations.
Dotted line represents approximately the Line of Control
in Jammu and Kashmir agreed upon by India and Pakistan.
The final status of Jammu and Kashmir has not yet been
agreed upon by the parties"

Let us request OSM to steer clear of this and leave the boarder alone.. or show with a similar apology.