[Talk-in] Information on Railway Station

Sutripta sutripta at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 06:55:32 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shajeer" <shajeer at hotmail.com>
To: <talk-in at openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Thursday, 17 July, 2014 11:09
Subject: [Talk-in] Information on Railway Station

There is data available here on Indian railway station. One thing I found
missing is the station codes.

http://sims.railnet.gov.in/gis.htm
http://sims.railnet.gov.in/Software/ir_gis.zip
http://sims.railnet.gov.in/Software/Introduction.pdf

What are the thoughts on importing this.. There is no license info any where
In case we agree to use this, some of the stations are already marked on
OSM. In that case how can we manage the duplicates?

----

This is great! Even if we can't officially use it, I'm sure we can use it
verify/ validate data obtained by other means.

Re: the other discussion on PINcodes, is there any place where the location
data of the relevant postoffices are given?

Regards
Sutripta