[Talk-in] GeoBLR Sprint 2!
ravivundavalli48 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 12:10:19 UTC 2014
1. Collect Pincode data, already available.
2. See it can fit in properly on OSM (or nudge some here and there where needed).
3. Database.. Yes PostGIS is a sure bet, which can be easily added to WEB-GIS.
On Tuesday, September 9, 2014 12:37 AM, Yogesh <yogesh at kalike.org> wrote:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
After the last meetup on PIN codes, we are thinking of doing a
sprint to start working on some of the tasks that we outlined -
1. Consolidate all the existing PIN code data into a database.
2. Re-purpose Thej's OpenPostBox project to collect and verify
existing data - http://openbangalore.org/postbox/
3. Start writing specification for the API.
We also want to introduce MapWarper.net <http://mapwarper.net/>, a browser based georeferencing tool, by georeferencing some old maps of India <http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/pritchett/00maplinks/colonial/plassey1757/plassey1757.html>and create mashups with it.
Feel free to bring some of your problems as well to the meetup
we can all try and get some of it done! If you want to know more
about the Sprint, read our previous post. <http://datameet.org/2014/06/24/the-geoblr-sprint-1-july-3-6pm-8pm/>
Read more about the last meetup and the roadmap here. <http://datameet.org/2014/09/01/geoblr-pin-code-extravaganza/>
See you soon!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.14 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Talk-in mailing list
Talk-in at openstreetmap.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Talk-in