[Talk-in] Osm and Aadhar card digitization

Ravi Kumar ravivundavalli48 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 04:48:45 UTC 2014

Hi,
Mapathon at Visakhapatnam

Osm enthusiasts ( located at Visakhapatnam in Particular), wish to have a Mapathon in digitising (known and friendly) Aadhar cards,
to, show-case how easy it is to do the same and help the Nation to build an Aadhar GIS database. This will save a lot of funds for the country.

FSMI and Swecha have conducted an event at Ongole (Andhra pradesh) which has resulted in some addition to OSM of Visakhapatnam earlier.

Present work:
1. Using OsmAND on Android based mobiles, we will digitise the data.
    We will assure the privacy of each individual by not including any personal data. Only the number will be used.
2. Bring together all the data on a laptop, and cross verify for any corrections needed.
3. Upload the created point data.

Dates for the work:Let us decide the dates after some discussion on this list.

Hope to hear from Vizagites and other FOSS enthusiasts.

Cheers

Ravi Kumar