[Talk-in] Confusion over tagging POIs as using nodes or areas

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 23:27:07 UTC 2015

Some things are better as points. man_made=water_tap would be such a
small area that it would not be worth while mapping as an area.
Most initial mapping occurs as points - quicker and easier for the
mapper. And it does get the information across to the end user, the
added information of an area is helpfull but the added time of mapping
the data compared to the benefit is not as good as that of mapping it as
a point. If you have the time to spare than by all means map the area.
If on the other hand you can get more information onto the map by
mapping things as points then map as points. Greatest benefit for the
least amount of work?