[Talk-in] Android Apps (Was: Network/Operator tags for railway systems)

Abhijit Kshirsagar abhijit86k at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 19:23:58 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 8:39 PM, Shibu Narayanan
<shibu.narayanan at oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an android phone.
>
> Which are the good apps to capture data for OSM?  I need an offline
> solution.
>
> I mean, on the field, I don’t have to use internet.  I just keep capturing
> place names , etc..
>
> When I get home, I should have the option to enable wifi and "upload" any
> data to the osm database.

Have you tried OSM?
Its really straightforward.

I use a very light app (GPXLogger), and carry a camera. Once I get
back I cam geotag the photos using the GPX - this way I don't need to
take notes while moving around.

OSM will allow you to take voice and video notes as well.

Abhijit