[Talk-in] offline osm

Anish Mangal anishmg at umich.edu
Fri Oct 9 10:14:09 UTC 2015

GN,

Please see: http://www.xsce.org/wiki/generating_map_tiles
There is a temporary (for the next 1 hrs or so) tileserver here :
http://home.braddock.com:28112/osm/slippymap.html

I am almost done generating tiles for upto zoom level 16, and can share the
download link once it is done - if required.

Also, in the xsce community there is ongoing discussion on how to enable
local mappers. Please check this out
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LWsN-cPH3lvMuXS-f0Tk8IWVh-3X808WoIt0OJ-QNt8/edit#

One possible solution is using umap[1], but I haven't gotten around to
testing it because I have limited bandwidth. It's a django app and looks a
good fit for offline editing needs.
http://umap.fluv.io/

Also, if you can get the bhuvan imagery, please share if possible. Another
idea is using the ASTER data (topography), which would be especially useful
in mountainous terrain.

Regards,
Anish