[Talk-in] Multilingual name tagging convention in India

Arun Ganesh arun.planemad at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 06:39:38 UTC 2016

Some time back, I did some quick research on how we officially recorded the
names of places in India, might be an interesting read:
https://gist.github.com/planemad/decdf608776726de1007

Related projects that could help expand language coverage in India is
attempting latin to indic language and cross indic language
transliterations:
- https://github.com/wikimedia/jquery.ime/tree/master/rules
- http://libindic.org

--