[Talk-in] OSM Shapefile of Indian version of the borders according to the existing law

Ashim Kapoor ashimkapoor at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 08:11:55 UTC 2018

Dear All,

I was reading this:

https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/49587/indias-admini
strative-boundary-issue

The above says : Custom tiles with the Indian version of the borders
according to the existing law is already available on
http://openstreetmap.in/

<http://openstreetmap.in/>

<http://openstreetmap.in/>
The above looks like an OKAY map since the disputed regions are shown
correctly ( at least to me as a beginner in mapping) How can I get the
shapefile of the above map? When I click on data, it gives me the link as :

http://download.geofabrik.de/asia/india-latest.osm.pbf

When I download and open the above the disputed borders do not show up
correctly. How can I get the shapefile of data as displayed in the map on
http://openstreetmap.in ?

Best Regards,
Ashim

<http://openstreetmap.in/>