[Talk-in] OSM Shapefile of Indian version of the borders according to the existing law

Sajjad Anwar sajjadkm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 16:36:00 UTC 2018

Hey Ashim -

It's a rather a difficult process if you want to create a shapefile from
OSM with adjusted borders. openstreetmap.in makes the changes using a
custom cartography instead of altering the data itself.

If you're looking for a shapefile with the right borders, have you looked
at http://projects.datameet.org/maps/states/ ?
You could use this as a starting point, and merge other features need from
OSM.

Hope that helps!

Sajjad