[Talk-in] Need guidance in launching a HOT project in Bangalore for mapping the lakes

Nagesh Aras nagesh.sa.blr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 15:01:14 UTC 2020

We have multiple maps:
1. Old paper maps (British era)
2. Digitized maps
3. Google map
4. OpenStreet Map.

One example is that of the Pattandur lake:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sHPjk4NqVjB1Opr7Fv6Sj5AvQiCi9JHg?usp=sharing

The problem is that none of these maps may match with the others.
So how do we proceed, and eliminate differences/doubts?

>From the looks of it, it looks like every pair of maps requires a separate
HOT-style project.
(Remote mappers compare the two maps and find differences.)

Kindly guide!

Regards
Nagesh

Virus-free.