[OSM-ja] Official list of towns and village in Japan

Taro Kawahara tarokawa @ mqj.biglobe.ne.jp
2009年 12月 8日 (火) 16:42:18 GMT

Emilie Laffray さんは書きました:

> 2009/11/6 Mage Whopper <magewhopper @ gmail.com
> <mailto:magewhopper @ gmail.com>>
>
>     Hi.
>
>     2009年11月6日8:14 Taro Kawahara <tarokawa @ mqj.biglobe.ne.jp
>     <mailto:tarokawa @ mqj.biglobe.ne.jp>>:
>      > ribbon さんは書きました:
>      >> On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 11:19:22AM +0000, Emilie Laffray wrote:
>      >>
>      >>> I am currently looking for a list of all officials Japanese
>     towns and
>      >>> village.
>      >>
>      >> これは総務省がメンテナンスをしている「全国公共団体コード」を
>      >> 使えばよいのではないでしょうか。
>      >>
>      >> http://www.lasdec.nippon-net.ne.jp/cms/1,0,14.html
>      >>
>      >
>      > Yes, I also guess you're right. And I guess postal zip-code list also
>      > help to check osm coverage.
>      >
>      > http://www.post.japanpost.jp/zipcode/download.html
>      >
>      > By the way, does anyone have official road list including not only
>      > National Highways? We should have wikiprojects in osm wiki to
>     make list
>      > of osm coverage of Japan's highways.
>      >
>      > Taro Kawahara
>
>     Tere are lists in daicho file of KSJ load infomation.
>     http://nlftp.mlit.go.jp/ksj/old/cgi-bin/_kategori_view.cgi
>     check a checkbox beside 道路(線)
>     and click  選択
>
>     you need to select prefecture, and click 選択,
>     next you need to select 世界測地系 rows,
>     同意する -> download will start download
>
>     there are 3 files in the .zip
>     a file named *_台 includes road names greater than secoundery way.
>
>     IMPORTANT:
>     you need to "Attribution" anything you create with the list.
>     from the license.
>     just put
>     "this data made from 国土数値情報(道路データ) 国土交通省"
>     as http://nlftp.mlit.go.jp/ksj/other/yakkan.html
>

> Thank you.
> I am currently working on just inserting for the time being the points
> for the towns/village (place=*).
> I intend to do the following steps:
> - Get data from the post office
> - Correlate data with the position found in
> http://earth-info.nga.mil/gns/html/namefiles.htm
> - Prepare a graphical interface so people can move places at a better
> position. The interface will be made public.
>
> Does it sounds like something useful?

It sounds nice! Basically good idea. But, I recommend you should start
from the lasdec list first instead of postoffice list, because many
cases a village may have several postofficeses, it's not one village per
one postoffice in Japan. Some village may have no postoffice, Some
village may have 4 or 5 postofficeses due to historical reason. The
lasdec list is a complete list of towns in Japan so it is better to use
at today's mapping level in Japan.

But I worry that the lasdec list have kanji presentation only. However,
the gns list from nga.mil have english presentation only. So to make
matching each other, you must know how to pronounce each words... It's
difficult point not easy to make a program done by machine, annoyed. I
mean it's probably a lot of hand work necessary. I hope many guys here
helps.

> Also, I have seen that administrative boundaries can be imported through
> this page:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue/Japan_KSJ2_Import/Administrative_district
> I would like to help if possible, but I am afraid I don't understand as
> much as I would like on the website. I see many files to download for a
> ken and I am not quite sure what they are.

Probably you're looking line data of border of each ken. list of many
points makes a line as you know.

BR
/Taro Kawahara