From: Cédric MOULLET
Sent:  30/03/2010 1:05:32 PM
Subject:  [OSM-talk] www.openaddresses.org BETA launched

Dear OSM community,

After www.openaddresses.ch and www.openaddresses.at, www.openaddresses.org has
been launched to collect worldwide localized addresses. This initiative of
several people, universities and companies of central Europe aims to provide
a web portail for the management of free and open geolocated addresses.

One goal of www.openaddresses.org is to collaborate nicely with
www.openstreetmap.org by exchanging data and providing additional services (
http://code.google.com/p/openaddresses/wiki/RESTService). However, since
localized addresses are very specific, we consider that it is appropriate to
have a dedicated platform only for addresses. From the original projects,
the data collected base on Google map has simply be removed in order to
avoid any license issues.

Don't hesitate to add your own address, the address of your friends and of
the friends of your friends ;-) If you'd like to be part of this effort, you
can also provide address listing, orthophoto or whatever data that can be
useful. We are also looking for persons willing to participate to the
development, the translation, the system administration, the testing, the
communication and so on ...

You'll find more information in the following documents:

   - Frequently asked
questions<http://code.google.com/p/openaddresses/wiki/FAQ>
   - User guide <http://code.google.com/p/openaddresses/wiki/UserGuideEn>
   - Wiki <http://code.google.com/p/openaddresses/>