From: Harry Wood <mail @ harrywood.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 06:59:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [OSM-talk] Wiki maintenance tasks
To: "talk @ openstreetmap.org" <talk @ openstreetmap.org>

I know it's not as fun as mapping, but I've made a list of some wiki
maintenance tasks:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wiki_maintenance_tasks

I've been meaning to write this for years. The idea is to list some
ideas for wiki editing tasks which apply to a lot of different pages
across wiki, and which are fairly easy.

We already have a list of clean-up priorities on the wiki. There's
also other generic tasks I can think of, such as looking through
delete and merge proposals. The trouble with those is they require
some combination of wiki editing confidence, english writing ability,
judgement, patience or the willingness to engage in messy discussions
and debates. Everyone's welcome to join in with theses things too
(even it's just to say "I agree" when somebody is saying something
sensible) but the idea of this maintenance tasks list is to point
people at some easier things.

Something to do while you're waiting to edit the map!

Harry Wood