[OSM-ja] Design Document for the Multilingual maps Wikipedia project(日本語)

Daniel Kastl daniel @ georepublic.de
2012年 8月 30日 (木) 14:41:51 BST

> > With support for multilingual maps it's important that mappers know about
> > this feature and use "name:<lang>" tags correctly, I think.
> > Then we can create much better maps.
>
> うーん、
> 上記の事柄は、マッパにーに正しく行ってもらうのは難しいと思います。
>
> name: タグは、そのタグが位置する国の言語で書くのが一番素直だと思います。
> 特に日本のような、(ほぼ)単一言語が使われている国では。
> それゆえ、name: タグから、 name:<lang> タグに自動的にコピーする
> 仕掛けを用意する方が良いと思います。
>
> 国際化の仕組みを作ること、タグの国際化記述方法を決めること、この2つを
> 平行に行う必要があると思います。

Maybe one more comment, because my own text sounds like it's the mappers
fault to use the "name" tag wrong.
But that's not true!

I think that currently tagging names for Japanese is 面倒くさい ;-)
So we probably need better software to make it easier for Japanese mappers
to do it correctly.

Maybe that's something OSMF Japan can support, for example with a contest
and scholarship for students to develop a better name tagging tool for
Japan.

Daniel

--
Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan